Ladies Conditions of Play
Open to all financial members of the Beaudesert Ladies Bowls Club
- Open singles – first to 25
- Open pairs – 21 ends
- Open triples – 25 ends – 2 bowls
- Open fours – 21 ends
- B Grade singles – first to 25
- B Grade pairs – 21 ends – 3 bowls
- Consistency singles – 25 ends
- Veterans singles (over 70) – 21 ends
- Club selected fours – 21 ends
- Executive committee to deal with all urgent matters that can’t be deferred to next meeting.
- Playing day – competitions may be played on any day and must be confirmed with the greenkeeper and games director. Names to be placed on outside board.
- Games to be played in accordance with “Laws of the Sport of Bowls” – Australia.
- Play commences at a time previously agreed on by both teams. If 30 minutes has passed after the scheduled start for the game and one of more players are absent from a team, the defaulting team will forfeit the game.
- Controlling body for all competitions consists of a minimum of three (3) people including the president, secretary and games director or umpire of the day.
- Competitions will be called in blocks and will be played as such. Any changes to the block will be at the discretion of the games director.
- A game must be played by the due date. Players who cannot play by the date must either substitute or forfeit. If both players/sides fail to play by the due date a double forfeit will apply.
- Competition draws will be done by the controlling body – a minimum of three (3) immediately after the closing date.
- Finals to be played on a Thursday if possible.
- Competition results will be displayed on the completion board and if possible in the Beaudesert Times.
- Mobile phones and other electronic equipment are not allowed within a minimum of six (6) metres of the game in progress.
- In the case of a bereavement or serious family crisis or in extraordinary circumstances two (2) weeks will be allowed or longer at the discretion of the controlling body.
- Players can approach the umpire or the controlling body if the weather is too hot to play.
- No competitions to be played on special or sponsored days.
- There must be at least 8 teams or players for competition to be played.
- B Grade eligibility returns 8 years after winning Open Singles or Open Pairs and 5 years after winning B Grade Singles or B Grade Pairs.
- Plate competition – Open to losers from 1st round of Open singles – first to 25.